Attend a Bariatric Surgery Seminar
Information seminars connect you with a bariatric surgery clinic to get the answers you need
We know bariatric surgery is a big decision. It's important that you get all the information you need, including answers to sensitive questions. That's why attending an information seminar is an important step. Most seminars are hosted by a REALIZE trained surgeon at a bariatric surgery clinic that offers gastric banding, gastric bypass, or sleeve gastrectomy.
There's no pressure to make a commitment—and no better way to get the answers you're looking for.
Attending a seminar is the first step in the consideration process
If you decide to have weight loss surgery, the surgeon you choose will ask you to attend one of his or her weight loss surgery information seminars. It's often required before having a one-on-one consultation to discuss your surgical options.
Many people find it helpful to attend more than one seminar before they choose a surgeon. And that's perfectly okay.
At a seminar you can:
- Learn about different weight loss surgery options, associated benefits and risks, and lifestyle changes required to achieve and maintain a healthier weight.
- Meet the surgeon, or staff such as a dietitian or program coordinator. These bariatric team members support patients before, and long after, surgery. If you decide to have surgery, you will work closely with these people, so it's important to feel at ease with them. Take the time to ask all of your questions. If you don't feel that a bariatric surgery clinic fits your needs, look for another practice in your area and attend one of its seminars. Read more about what to look for in a bariatric surgeon.
- Possibly hear from patients who have had weight loss surgery. Listening to someone who has had bariatric surgery—and being able to ask your questions—is a great way to help you understand what to expect and how the surgery can change your life.
- Meet other people facing the same challenges and concerns as you—people who, like you, are ready to take charge of their health.
- Bring family members or friends, so they know what to expect, too.
Want to talk it over? We're ready to help.
Call us at 1-855-2-REALIZE if you have questions or concerns or want help finding a seminar near you.
Ready to take the first step?
Locate a seminar in your area.
Unsure if you qualify for surgery? Find out if you're a candidate for surgery first.